In October 2014, China’s manufacturing purchasing managers index (PMI) was 50.8%, 0.3 percentage points lower over last month according to National Bureau of Statistics China.
The PMI of large-sized enterprises was 51.9%, slightly decreased 0.1 percentage point month-on-month, continued to stay above the threshold, and was the main factor to keep PMI expanding; that of medium-sized enterprises was 49.1%, down by 0.9 percentage points month-on-month, and dropped below the threshold; that of small-sized enterprises was 48.5%, down by 0.1 percentage point month-on-month, and continued to stay in the contraction range.
In October, among the five sub-indices composing PMI, the production index, new orders index and supplier delivery time index were above the threshold, while the employed person index and main raw materials inventory index were below the threshold.
- Production index was 53.1%, decreased 0.5 percentage points month-on-month, and continued to stay above the threshold
- New orders index was 51.6%, decreased 0.6 percentage points month-on-month, still higher than the threshold. New export orders index was 49.9%, decreased 0.3 percentage points month-on-month, and got close to the threshold.
- Employed person index was 48.4%, increased 0.2 percentage points month-on-month, still below threshold.
- Main raw materials inventory index was 48.4%, decreased 0.4 percentage points over last month, and was below the threshold, indicating that many enterprises were still experiencing de-stocking
- Supplier delivery time index was 50.1%, kept at the same level over last month, slightly higher than the threshold.
- Purchase quantity index was 50.7%, 0.5 percentage points lower than that in last month, and stayed above the threshold.
- Main raw material purchase price index was 45.1%, a decrease of 2.3 percentage points month-on-month.
- Import index was 47.9%, went down by 0.1 percentage point month-on-month, and continued to stay below the threshold.
- Finished goods inventory index was 47.9%, increased 0.7 percentage points over last month, still below the threshold.
- Open orders index was 44.7%, a decrease of 0.9 percentage points over last month, and stayed below the threshold.
Production and business activities expectation index was 54.1%, decreased 1.9 percentage points month-on-month, but more than half of enterprises were still optimistic for the production and business activities expectation within the next three months.
|China‘s manufacturing PMI (Seasonally adjusted)|
|Production Index||New Orders Index||Main Raw Materials Inventory Index||Employed Person Index||Supplier Delivery Time Index|