You can find the following statistics with regard to Hong Kong people’s living habits interesting:
- More than 80% of men will spend time each week playing video games.
- Hong Kong women spent an average of about HKD 1019 per month to buy clothes and accessories; and men less than HKD 1,000 a month. Women are more likely to purchase luxury goods; 74% of female respondents have purchased jewelries or watches over the past one year; men? only 57%.
- 60% of women over the past one year used skin-care products, followed by health-care products, and 21% of respondents visited beauty salon every month. In contrast, more men visited hair salon; 37% visit once a month.
- Men, compared with women, spend more money having meals outside, an average of HKD 1,456 per month (women: HKD 1,248).
- Men spend more on entertainment, an average of HKD 1,621 per month; women about HKD 1,276
- 60% of respondents travelled overseas during the past one year with an average expenditure of about HKD 12,000.
- Hong Kong people spend an average of about 2 hours and 19 minutes watching TV every day; 2 hours surfing Internet. 52% respondents think TV can provide the best entertainment while 42% think Internet can provide useful information.
Source: Sina.com.cn (Chinese)