Weibo Q4 2014 net revenues increased 47% year over year to $105.2 million, 83.8% from advertising and marketing ($88 million) according to Weibo released financial results.
Weibo VAS revenues for the fourth quarter of 2014 totaled $17.2 million, compared to $15.4 million for the same period last year.
Weibo monthly active users were 175.7 million for the month of December 2014, an increase of 36% YoY, comparing to 200 million total active users of Baidu Post Bar in January 2015. Daily active users were 80.6 million on average for December 2014, an increase of 31% year over year.
On the monetization front, mobile ad revenues now make up more than half of Weibo’s total ad revenues. 2015 will be another high growth year for mobile and social marketing in China according to Gaofei Wang, CEO of Weibo.
The most popular DIY online advertising platform from Weibo is Weibo Promoted Posts, which is similar to Facebook Promoted Posts in news feed reaching both desktop and mobile users with demographic and geographic targeting. Contact us if you’d like to find out more.
Weibo Performance in 2014
- Net revenues increased 77% year over year to $334.2 million.
- Advertising and marketing revenues grew 78% year over year to $264.8 million.
- Weibo VAS revenues increased 74% year over year to $69.4 million.
- Net loss attributable to Weibo’s ordinary shareholders increased 66% year over year to $63.4 million or $0.34 diluted net loss per share attributable to Weibo’s ordinary shareholders. Net loss included $47.0 million loss and $21.1 million gain, respectively, for 2014 and 2013 resulting from the change in fair value of investor option liability in conjunction withAlibaba’s investment in Weibo.
- Non-GAAP net loss attributable to Weibo’s ordinary shareholders decreased 94% year over year to $1.7 million, or $0.01non-GAAP diluted net loss per share attributable to Weibo’s ordinary shareholders.
- Non-GAAP adjusted EBITDA was $16.1 million, compared to a negative adjusted EBITDA of $6.3 million in last year.