The total number of China’s tourists was estimated to exceed 4.1 billion person-trips in 2015, and more travellers would choose short-term accommodations during their trips.
According to the survey by Tencent, 58% of respondents were aware of the short-term accommodations, of which about half of the respondents once used the short rental service. The remaining 42% of the respondents didn’t know about short-term accommodations, but 28.5% said they were willing to try. Only 13.5% of respondents didn’t know and unwilling to try.
Housing needs within a week would encourage people to consider the use of short rental service. However, when staying longer than a month, more users would also consider the short-term accommodations.
Survey results showed that about 40% users would use short rental service during vacation. And in addition, when seeking jobs, receiving medical care, on business trips and so on would also encourage users to rent short-term accommodations.
Low price was the major reason when people tried short-term accommodations. Beyond this, there were 36.6% of users who chose the short-term rental because of the convenient transportation, flexible lease, high level of privacy.
In addition to price, house facilities, security, and sanitary were the three most focused factors. 44% of people surveyed also focused on the surroundings and transportation; the actual condition of houses and the service attitude of landlords were also considered factors. Location, level of storey, residential facilities were less considered when renting short-term accommodations.
Over 75% of users said their expected price for short-term accommodations would be no more than 100 yuan per day. Although there were still about 25% of users paying over 100 yuan per day, half of the users expectations were within 150 yuan.
Among the people surveyed, 55.6% were willing to lease their house for short-term accommodations. The other 44.4% were not because of privacy concerns.