JD.com reported net revenues of 44.1 billion yuan (US$6.9 billion) for the third quarter of 2015, representing a 52% increase from the same period last year and core GMV of 111.0 billion yuan (US$17.5 billion), up 76% from the third quarter of 2014. The increase was primarily due to the growth in active customer accounts and the number of fulfilled orders in the third quarter of 2015.
Relying on approximately 90,000 merchants on its online marketplace and a total of 94,615 full-time employees as of September 30, 2015, annual active customer accounts of JD.com increased by 59% to 131.9 million in Q3 2015, from 82.8 million in Q3 2014.
JD Third Quarter 2015 Highlights
- GMV for the third quarter of 2015 was 115.0 billion yuan (US$218.1 billion), an increase of 71% compared with the third quarter of 2014.
- Net revenues for the third quarter of 2015 were 44.1 billion yuan (US$6.9 billion), an increase of 52% from the third quarter of 2014.
- Annual active customer accounts grew by 59% to 131.9 million in Q3 2015 from 82.8 million in Q3 2014.
- Fulfilled orders in the third quarter of 2015 were 329.7 million, an increase of 85% from 178.2 million for the same period in 2014.
JD Recent Business Highlights
- JD.com announced its decision to terminate the consumer-to-consumer (C2C) business of Paipai.com by December 31, 2015 in this November, which was as part of the strategic transaction with Tencent beginning from March 2014.
- JD.com announced record-breaking one-day results from its Double 11 Singles Day sales, with the number of orders increasing 130% compared to last year.
- JD.com launched two Asia No.1 regional warehouses in Guangzhou and Wuhan to enhance its fulfillment capacity and efficiency in the third quarter. This follows the launch of a Shanghai warehouse in 2014 and brings the number of Asia No. 1 warehouses in operation to three.
- JD.com and Tencent jointly announced in October to provide merchants with innovative mobile marketing solutions by offering businesses advanced online tools to more precisely reach their target customer groups, build brand recognition and increase marketing ROI through providing brands access to WeChat and Mobile QQ users.
- JD.com launched a leisure travel channel operated by Tuniu.com in October. Users could use it on both JD.com’s website and its mobile app.
- JD.com launched German Mall in October, a new channel on the Company’s JD Worldwide cross-border e-commerce platform dedicated exclusively to offer authentic imported German products for sale to its customers in China.
- JD.com operated 196 warehouses in 46 cities and a total of 4,760 delivery stations and pickup stations and its delivery network covered 2,266 counties and districts as of September 30, 2015. JD.com’s 211 same-day and next-day delivery program covered 135 and 1,044 counties and districts, respectively, in Q3 2015.