China bike sharing market is estimated to reach US$1.5 billion (+735.8%) and 209 million users in 2017. Ofo, Mobike, and Ubike are the top brands in the market with the highest brand awareness while Baicyle is also in the top 3 by user satisfation after Ofo and Mobike.
China bike sharing market reached 1.23 billion yuan (US$180 million) in 2016 with 28 million users. It’s estimated to grow exponentially to 10.28 billion yuan (US$1.49 bn; +735.8%) with 209 million users in 2017.
China Bike Sharing Market Brand Penetrations in Chinese Cities
Ofo bike sharing has penetrated the most number of Chinese cities (43), excluding 3 overseas cities as of 31 March 2017. Mobike is also available in over 30 cities.
- Ofo – Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Kunming, Chengdu, etc.
- Mobike – Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu, Ningbo, Xiamen,etc.
- Hellobike – Suzhou, Hangzhou, Ningbo, Xiamen, Quanzhou, Fuzhou, Wuhan,etc.
- Xiaoming – Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Wuzhen, Shantou, Jieyang
- Bluegogo –Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Chengdu, Beijing, Nanjing, Foshan
- Ubike – Shanghai, Zhuhai, Shantou, Changsha, Foshan
- Youonbike – Kunming, Changsha, Chengdu, Beijing
- Qibei – Hangzhou, Shenyang
- Yibu Bike – Chengdu
Brand Awareness in Q1 2017
The top brands by brand awarness in China are Mobike, ofo, Ubike, Xiaoming, Bluegogo, and Qibei. However, ofo beat Mobike in terms of brand preference. Ofo also tops the ranking by user stickiness and user satisfactions.
The top problems users are facing include the number of available bikes and the locations, high deposit, inaccurate bike positioning, poor riding experience, customer service, inconvenient registration, etc.
Over one-third of respondents (35.3%) expressed the inconvenience caused by sabotaged bicycles. Users prefer to provide shared bike usage feedback by WeChat Official Accounts (50.4%), WeChat/QQ Groups (39.7%), App (38%), official Weibo (26.5%), etc.