Tencent achieved 61% year-on-year revenue growth to RMB65,210 million (USD9,825 million), driven primarily by smartphone games and PC games, payment-related services, digital content subscriptions and sales, and online advertising.
Operating profit grew by 57% year-on-year. Profit attributable to equity holders increased by 69% year-on-year to RMB18,006 million (USD2,713 million). Non-GAAP profit attributable to equity holders of the Company increased by 45% year-on-year. Free cash flow grew by 94% year-on-year.
Tencent Platform User Data for Q3 2017
Social Network Users Stats Summary
- Monthly active user accounts (―MAU) of QQ was 843 million, a decrease of 3.8% YoY.
- Smart device MAU of QQ was 653 million, a decrease of 2.5% YoY.
- Peak concurrent user accounts (―PCU) of QQ (for the quarter) was 272 million, an increase of 8.9% YoY.
- Combined MAU of Weixin and WeChat were 980 million, an increase of 15.8% YoY.
- MAU of Qzone was 568 million, a decrease of 10.0% YoY.
- Smart device MAU of Qzone was 552 million, a decrease of 8.1% YoY.
- Fee-based VAS registered subscriptions were 125 million, an increase of 19.3 % YoY
QQ: Smart device MAU was down by 2.5% year-on-year to 652.9 million while PCU, including PC and mobile, increased by 8.9% year-on-year to 272.2 million.
Smart device MAU for users aged 21 years or below increased year-on-year and their time spent per user remained high as Tencent enhanced features which appealed to younger users. Daily active users and time spent on the KanDian news feeds service continued to grow. Tencent introduced ―Topics within KanDian to help users discover trending content.
Qzone: Smart device MAU was down 8.1% year-on-year to 551.8 million. Tencent expanded the Campus Qzone to cover more high schools and colleges, strengthening engagement among student users.
Weixin and WeChat: Combined MAU reached 980.0 million, representing year-on-year growth of 15.8%. Daily messages sent amounted to approximately 38 billion, representing year-on-year growth of 25%.
Monthly active Official Accounts amounted to 3.5 million while monthly active followers of Official Accounts amounted to 797 million, representing year-on-year growth of 14% and 19% respectively. Tencent have been enriching features of Weixin and WeChat to bring more convenience to our users’ daily lives. More on WeChat here »