Alibaba Group’s first eWTP hub outside of China has gone live in Malaysia. The milestone follows Alibaba’s partnership with the Malaysian Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) to work jointly to enable Malaysian small and medium-sized enterprises to benefit from global trade.
Serving as a ‘one-stop solution center’ for local businesses, the country office is designed to engage with existing local partners, help Malaysian businesses identify global cross-border trade opportunities, as well as to support the country’s technology innovation through cloud computing services.
Alibaba announced the launch of ‘Malaysia Week’, a special online promotion initiative that seeks to attract Chinese consumers to buy all-things Malaysian from the 6th to the 12th of July 2018. The Malaysia Week campaign is set to showcase an array of ‘Must-see’, ‘Must-eat’, and ‘Must-experience’ Malaysian products and tourism across Alibaba’s platforms.
More than 50 Malaysian brands, featuring a wide range of product categories, will be showcased, in addition to a whole host of exciting promotional activities to be launched during the period.
‘Malaysia week’ is the result of fruitful discussions between Alibaba Group and Malaysia since the launch of eWTP. Other milestones in the development of Alibaba Group’s support for Malaysia’s digital economy, include:
- Logistics. Commenced construction of a smart e-fulfillment hub in Kuala Lumpur under a Cainiao-MAHB joint venture to enable speedy storage, fulfillment, customs clearance, and warehousing operations.
- Cloud computing. Opened a local internet data center to provide Malaysian enterprises a local choice to build their businesses and run their applications on powerful, reliable and secure world-class global cloud platform.
- Training. Trained thousands of individuals, entrepreneurs and cloud computing professionals under various programs in conjunction with leading Malaysian universities and government agencies to support Malaysia’s sustainable e-commerce development.
- E-commerce. Launched Malaysia Pavilion on Alibaba.com to promote quality Malaysian products to global buyers.
- Established a one-stop platform to provide export facilitation with services ranging from marketing and customs clearance to streamlined permit application procedures and tax declaration and more.
- Hosted March Expo with MDEC and MATRADE to connect Malaysian wholesalers with global sales opportunities.
- Held “Access to China Consumers” seminar to help Malaysian exporters enter the China market with the participation of more than 500 Malaysian merchants.
- Announced the launch of Malaysia Week in July 2018 to promote a broad range of Malaysian products and services to China’s consumers.