WeChat announced on April 12 in 2014, that its self-serve advertising system was about to launch in a few weeks.
WeChat subscription accounts will be able to:
- Apply for and shut down self-serve advertising system automatically online;
- Set up blacklist of advertisers, which means subscription accounts could block advertisement from some ID (ID blacklist). In the future, the self-serve advertising system will also allow them to block ads in some industries.
- Get access to WeChat data report of impression, click, revenue sharing, etc.
- Withdraw cash by month automatically.
Advertisers will be able to:
- Apply to become an advertiser and recharge account;
- Advertise, including uploading ad copies, setting target options and bid price;
- Manage advertising account, including pause or restart advertising;
- Check advertising effect.
Before the launch WeChat self-serve advertising system also optimized its algorithm in two aspects:
- Matching type: on one hand, the system will analyze context and display related advertisement; on the other hand, it will open many target options to advertisers later, which may also include letting advertisers to choose which types of subscription accounts.
- The system will also control the impression times of a single ads to a single user, improving user experience.