How are mobile apps distributions in China?
China smartphone users go to Apple’s Appstore is for iOS device apps download; but, for Android phone users, Google Play is not in play. Instead, there are quite a number of app stores for Android phone apps download. I’m sharing a few top ones in the race based on Analysis international’s data for the first quarter of this year.
Baidu, Qihoo 360 and Tencent are the top three leagues leading the race distributing about 86% mobile apps, followed by Wandoujia and other relatively small app distribution channels.
Baidu and associated platforms: 41%
- Android Market, owned by Baidu, apk.hiapk.com
- Baidu Mobile Assistant, shouji.baidu.com
- 91 Mobile Assistant, zs.91.com (Baidu paid $1.9 billion to buy 91 Wireless last year)
- Baidu Mobile Browser, wuxian.baidu.com/browser/
- Baidu search
360 and its associated platforms: 28%
- 360 Mobile Assistant, zhushou.360.cn
- 360 search
- 360 mobile security, shouji.360.cn
- 360 mobile browser, mse.360.cn
Tencent and its associated channels: 17%
- Tencent’s app store, sj.qq.com
- QQ browser
- Soso search
There are many users in China downloading apps on PC and that’s probably why search plays a role in app distributions.