JD.com had approximately 38,000 merchants on its online marketplace as of June 30, 2014 and a total of 62,061 full-time employees as of July 31, 2014. JD.com’s share of China’s online direct sales market reached 54.3% in the second quarter of 2014, according to iResearch.
Jingdong Second Quarter 2014 Highlights
- GMV for the second quarter of 2014 was RMB63.0 billion (US$10.2 billion), an increase of 107% compared with the second quarter of 2013.
- Net revenues for the second quarter of 2014 were RMB28.6 billion (US$4.6 billion), an increase of 64% from the second quarter of 2013.
- Active customer accounts increased from 19.6 million in the second quarter of 2013 to 38.1 million in the second quarter of 2014, an increase of 94%.
- Fulfilled orders in the second quarter of 2014 were 163.7 million, an increase of 126% from 72.6 million for the same period in 2013. Fulfilled orders placed through mobile accounted for approximately 24% of total orders fulfilled in the second quarter of 2014.
Recent Business Highlights
- JD mobile launched its mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) business on May 15, 2014. Subscribers to JD mobile will enjoy benefits from JD.com, including discount shopping, financial services and other privileges.
- JD.com launched level-one access on Tencent’s Wechat platform for selected Wechat users in Beijing and Shanghai on May 27, 2014, and subsequently rolled it out to all Weixin users in June 2014. JD.com also launched a level-one access point onTencent’s Mobile QQ on August 8, 2014. With over 520 million active monthly users as of June 30, 2014, Mobile QQ brings JD.com to an even greater range of consumers throughout China, including younger audiences and residents of lower-tier cities.
- JD.com’s “Asia No.1” warehouse in Shanghai commenced trial operation in June, 2014. The state-of-the-art fulfillment center, which incorporates a high degree of automation, will improve fulfillment efficiency and increase our storage capacity.
- JD.com launched its Smart Hardware Cloud Platform in June 2014. As of June 30, 2014, the platform provides services to more than 100 smart hardware start-ups and traditional home appliance manufacturers, helping connect JD.com customers even more quickly with the latest smart products.
- JD.com pioneered and debuted China’s first reimbursable electronic invoice on June 27, 2014. In partnership with the tax authority, the successful roll-out of the reimbursable electronic invoice is a significant milestone in the promotion of a nation-wide drive to use electronic invoices, which will facilitate tax compliance and the realization of fair play for all e-commerce merchants and operators.
- Paipai, a subsidiary of JD.com, re-launched its site on July 17, 2014, with the goal of bringing JD.com’s superior shopping experience to China’s C2C space. The enhanced platform is dedicated to providing consumers with an increased selection of long-tail products. It also reduces marketing costs for sellers and prioritizes search relevance over advertising to attract more sellers, which provides customers a wider range of shopping options.
- JD.com launched its proprietary online marketing technology platform on May 22, 2014 to offer services to our suppliers and sellers on JD.com and third-party websites.
- JD.com extended its leadership in self-operated logistics capabilities among e-commerce companies in China. As of June 30, 2014, JD.com operated 97 warehouses with an aggregate gross floor area of approximately 1.8 million square meters, 1,808 delivery stations and 715 pickup stations. Our self-operated delivery network covered 1,780 counties and districts as of June 30, 2014, growing from 1,404 counties and districts as of March 31, 2014. The Company’s 211 program and next-day delivery program covered 111 and 622 counties and districts, respectively as of June 30, 2014, rising from 103 and 503 counties and districts, respectively as of March 31, 2014. The majority of our new delivery capabilities were added in lower-tier cities inChina in the second quarter of 2014.
- JD.com had approximately 38,000 merchants on its online marketplace as of June 30, 2014 and a total of 62,061 full-time employees as of July 31, 2014.
- According to iResearch, JD.com’s share of China’s online direct sales market reached 54.3% in the second quarter of 2014.
Net revenues for the third quarter of 2014 are expected to be between RMB28.0 billion and RMB29.0 billion, representing growth of between 55% and 61% compared with the third quarter of 2013. This forecast reflects JD.com’s current and preliminary expectation, which is subject to change.