In the half of 2014 in China, average deliverability rate, open rate, click-to-open rate and click through rate were 94.54%, 9.39%, 16.71% and 1.57% respectively according to data from Webpower China. The indicators showed stable growth in electronic direct mail (eDM).
In H1 2014, eDM is mainly applied in 14 industries including domestic e-commerce, overseas e-commerce, finance & insurance, group buying, travel & hotel service, human resource, media/ publisher, education/ training and exhibition.
In China, eDM still performed well in human resource category since 2013 and finance & insurance industry was the one with most rapid growth rate in H1 2014.
Liuyun, China client service director of Webpower, points out some tips for eDM’s improvement in China:
- It is important to promote recognition of eDM and integrate with users’ needs.
- To strengthen and optimize chart according to enterprises’ operating routines is an effectively method.
- According to users’ activity, enterprises send campaign mails based on a elected list.
- According to users’ behaviors, enterprises can send custom-made mails with BI system.
- Enterprises should consider to optimize system on mobile device.
- In the near future, mails can integrate with other channels to realize diversity.