Weibo reported net revenues of US$107.8 million in Q2 2015, compared to US$77.3 million for the same period last year. Advertising and marketing revenues for the second quarter of 2015 totalled US$87.9 million, compared to US$59.6 million for the same period last year.
Income from operations for the second quarter of 2015 was US$2.3 million, compared to a loss from operations of US$10.7 million for the same period last year. Non-GAAP income from operations for the second quarter of 2015 was US$9.7 million, compared to a non-GAAP loss from operations of US$7.0 million for the same period last year.
Weibo’s MAU growth continues to be robust, reaching 212 million in June, as Weibo sought to improve user experience, increase penetration into lower tiered cities and expand their partnerships with the television and movie industries. More advertisers adopted Weibo social advertising, especially in the SME segment, where Weibo revenues grew 163% year over year and the number of customers reached 443,000 in the second quarter of 2015.
Sina’s Second Quarter 2015 Highlights
- Net revenues increased 39% year over year to US$107.8 million
- Advertising and marketing revenues increased 47% year over year to US$87.9 million.
- Weibo Value Added Services (“Weibo VAS”) revenues increased 13% year over year to US$20.0 million.
- Net income attributable to Weibo’s ordinary shareholders was US$4.2 million, or US$0.02 diluted net income per share, compared to a net loss of US$15.5 million for the same period last year, or diluted net loss per share of US$0.08.
- Monthly active users (“MAUs”) were 212 million for June 2015, up 36% year over year. Mobile MAUs represented 85% of total MAUs in June 2015. Daily active users (“DAUs”) were 93 million on average for June 2015, up 34% year over year.
Also read: WeChat MAUs Reached 600 Million in Q2 2015