Deloitte’s annual Global Powers of Retailing report identifies the 250 largest retailers around the world. JD.com ranks on top of all Chinese companies in the Top 250 retailers list.
14 Chinese companies including China and Hong Kong who made it to the top 250 list include:
- JD.com, 36
- Suning Commerce Group Co., Ltd., 46
- A.S. Watson Group, 51
- China Resources Vanguard Co., Ltd., 54
- Gome Home Appliance Group, 69
- Dairy Farm International Holdings Limited, 85
- Shanghai Bailian Group Co., Ltd., 121
- Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group Limited, 128
- Belle International Holdings Limited, 145
- Yonghui Superstores Co., Ltd., 146
- Vipshop Holdings Limited, 157
- Chongqing Department Store Co., Ltd., 192
- Dashang Co., Ltd., 195
- Nonggongshang Supermarket (Group) Co. Ltd., 214
Retailers based in China and Hong Kong generated the strongest growth in the region with combined revenue up 12.9% in FY2015 although they posted a slight growth of 0.7% net profit margin.
Vipshop (1), JD.com (2), Yonghui Superstores (13), and Suning (48) are among the top 50 fastest-growing retailers for FY2010-2015. JD.com (2), Suning (5), Vipshop (8), Dangdang (47) were also in the top 50 e-retailers for FY2015.
In 2016, the national online retail sales of goods and services in China was 5,155.6 billion yuan, increased by 26.2% YoY.
Also read: What are consumers buying for Chinese New Year 2017?