Following up the fake customer service phone in Baidu search results, Baidu has officially launched a tool for companies to submit their customer service hotline for free.
The “hotline box” is triggered when users conduct a search on Baidu for customer service phone number. Users can then dial the number displayed on the phone or click on the “phone icon” to find out more on Dell’s website.
How to Submit Customer Service Hotline to Baidu
To get your customer service number indexed,
- You must own the company or could represent it
- Company or website name must be uniquely identifiable; it can’t be ambiguous
- The website you submit must have a contact us page
- You must have a unified national telephone number if your business has multiple branches
To submit your information, you must have a Baidu account
- Login with Baidu account (register here if you don’t have one)
- Add new resources > customer service
- Fill in contact information including keyword, customer service phone number, company name and destination URL; you can add multiple phones
- Specify an expiry date (or never expire)
- Submit (pending approval)
Companies with large amount of customer service phone data can submit XML file as well.