Tencent revenues were RMB 43,893.7 million (USD6,983.3 million), an increase of 54.0% over the year ended December 31, 2011 (“YoY”) according to its Q4 and annual results announcement.
Tencent social networks registered solid growth in 2012, with increase in the scale and activity of mobile users. MAU of Qzone increased by 9% year-on-year to 603 million at the end of 2012, while MAU of Pengyou increased by 22% to 247 million. Weixin Moments, a feature within Weixin which enables users to share experiences with their Weixin contact lists, enjoyed rapid user adoption.
Tencent have developed some of China’s most popular mobile applications, including Wireless QQ and Weixin. Tencent is also organically integrating new applications into Weixin, which can enhance our users’ experience while leveraging their existing social connections.
Weixin enjoyed substantial user growth in 2012 , thanks to its innovative features and compelling user experience. Total registered user accounts, combined with its international version, have exceeded 300 million.
Here are some Tencent’s key platform statistics:
- Monthly active Instant Messaging (“IM”) user accounts were 798.2 million, an increase of 1.8% QoQ or an increase of 10.7% YoY
- Peak simultaneous online IM user accounts were 176.4 million, an increase of 5.4% QoQ or an increase of 15.5% YoY.
- Monthly active Qzone user accounts were 602.7 million, an increase of 1.7% QoQ or an increase of 9.2% YoY
- Monthly active Pengyou user accounts were 247.3 million, a decrease of 4.5% QoQ or an increase of 22.1% YoY.
- Peak simultaneous online QQ Game Platform user accounts were 8.8 million, a decrease of 6.4% QoQ or an increase of 4.8% YoY.
- Fee-based IVAS registered subscriptions were 70.9 million, a decrease of 3.9% QoQ or a decrease of 8.2% YoY.
- Fee-based MVAS registered subscriptions were 33.6 million, a decrease of 0.3% QoQ or an increase of 7.0% YoY
via PR Newswire