Video is ranked as the most popular with 36% of respondents placing it as their most preferred format for mobile advertising, according to a PwC report released this month.
7 Recommendations from PwC for China Mobile Advertising
- Offer consumers explicit forms of value for sharing their data and therefore, improving the chance of better targeting
- To maintain users’ trust, targeting should focus on: interests, online purchase history and location
- Be transparent and open about how their personal data is being used and to adhere to consumers’ privacy preferences
- Design engaging apps that provide consumer value and build in checks to minimize the risk of fake details being used
- Brand should look to use video as a primary advertising format but keep the content: creative, relevant to the users’ context and, suitable for watching on a mobile device
- Coupon can be a powerful tool combied with both location and time-specific targeting and offers
- Limit targeted ads to 5-7 times per week and target advertising during typical commuting times during the week and at the weekend
You can download the full report here (PDF).