QR code payment is still the most commonly used payment method for mobile payment users in China according to China Payment & Clearing Association's research.
"Which payment do you use more in daily life?"
According to recent research conducted by the China Payment & Clearing Association, QR code payment remains the most frequently used payment method for mobile payment users in China.
In the offline environment, mobile payment users predominantly utilize WeChat Pay, Alipay, and UnionPay's Cloud Flash Pay, with respective usage rates of 87.9%, 85.3%, and 80.3%.
In 2021, both WeChat Pay and Alipay shared a similar market share. However, by 2022, WeChat Pay had gained a clear advantage.
The majority of mobile payment users are young to middle-aged individuals, but the number of older users has been steadily increasing. Among them, those aged 18-40 account for 70% of total users, while those over 40 make up the remaining 30%.
Already subscribed? Sign in.
Don't Miss Out.
Invest with as little as one bottle of water per week.
Join other top analysts and business executives and navigate the unique market with China Internet Watch.
Cancel at any time