Baidu just added a new SEO audit tool in Baidu Stats, which checks and grades websites on six factors:
- The length of URL. Baidu’s official recommendation is, the length of URL should be no longer than 255 bytes.
- The use of dynamic parameters. This is to avoid duplicate content.
- Meta data. The absence and generic use of TITLE and Meta Description could affect the rankings and display in the search results.
- Frame information. Baidu recommends websites not use frame/frameset/iframe.
- Flash. Flash with text descriptions will help Baidu better understand the content of the flash.
- Images. The use of “alt” will help Baidu better index the images on the website.
Though it’s very basic information, it’s good to see more support from Baidu. This tool will also grades a website on a scale of 0-100. It could be helpful as another way for in-house SEO and agencies to prove how much the site has been improved.